Sunday, January 20, 2019

Screen Baseball

After our buddy got back from his trip in Africa, we wanted to meet up.  I thought that the baseball thing was his idea, but it was really another friend's idea.  We ended up with a goat rodeo on the local phone chat, but in the end we all met up at a pub, then wandered over to the baseball place.

The kids liked it well enough and we all were pretty excited about it.  Any time something happened in our game, it was like a real sport with everyone getting pretty excited and cheering.  I said it then, and I repeat it now; "It beats the shit out of screen golf."

We wanted another go, but the place was booked out.  So we split up and 4 of us went to the local bar to see an old friend who had his birthday in full swing.  I met a bunch of local people that I haven't seen for a long time, since I don't get out to the bar too often...but I like it that way.  I tried a shot called Bazooka Joe, remembering the gum, and it was pretty fun.  It was like candy.  I also stuck with the ale for the night.

Today, I met one of the guys to see Glass.  I was pretty impressed with what M. Night Shayamalan was able to not only think up, but to produce, film and bring through post.  I was pretty happy to get away from the chaos of the boys and the preoccupation of Danger.  We got bad intel. on the restaurant, but ended up at an interesting Japanese Ramen place.  Also, since the Blue Jays signed a Korean guy, they are selling Blue Jays hats for a good price.  I got one....again.  I think in my life I have owned and lost about 5 jays hats over the years.  Time for another go.